- The Look East Policy and Northeast India (jointly with Asok Kumar Ray), Aakar Books, 2014.
- Assam’s Hinterland: Society and Economy in the Char Areas, Akansha Publishing House, 2009.
- Identity Issues and Emerging Reality in Northeast India in S.T. Ngaihte (ed.) Democratisation Process in Northeast India: Some Issues and Challenges, New Delhi : Gyan, 2015.
- Tripura’s Tryst with Lliteracy(jointly with Subhanil Chowdhury), Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XLVIII, No.42, October 2013.
- The Ubiquitous Bangladeshi, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 47 No. 38, September 22, 2012.
- Analyzing ‘region formation’ in India’s North East : Contextualizing the Look East Policy, Dialogue, Vol.3 No.3, January-March 2012.
- From Isolation to Desolation: Analyzing Social Exclusion among the Char Dwellers of Assam, Man and Society, Vol.VIII, Summer 2011.
- Encountering Globalization in the Hill Areas of North-east India,Social Change and Development, 2011.
- Peasants, Politics and Perceptions: A Discourse on ‘Bhasani’ and His Mobilization in Colonial Assam, Journal of Historical Research, Vol. XVI, pp89-101, 2008.
- Victims of ‘Suspicious’ Identity: The Char Dwellers of Assam, Journal of North-East India Council for Social Science Research, Vol.32, No.1, 2008.
- Bamboo Cultivation in North East India: The Transformation From Aesthetics To Industry, Assam Economic Journal, Vol. XVII, pp97-110, 2005.
- Floriculture In Assam: Problems, Prospect And The Task Ahead, Assam Economic Journal, Vol. XV, pp96-109, 2002.
- Withering of Community Resources, Man & Development, Vol XIX, No.1, pp134-48, March 1997.
Chapters in Books
- Border Trade in North East India in Hazra Chandrasekhar(eds.) Experiencing Globalization, Ashabari, 2012.
- Cropping Pattern, Productivity and Issues in Sustainability in the Char Areas of Assam, in Jain, P, K, et.al.(eds.), Sustainable Food Security, Mittal Publications, New Delhi, 2010.
- Land Administration in the Char Areas of Assam: The Task Ahead, in Ray, Asok and Chakraborti, Satyabrata, Society, Politics and Development in the North East: Essays in Honor of Dr. Basudeb Datta Ray, Concept, New Delhi, 2008.
- Conflict of Contours: The Changing Power Structure in Traditional Tribal Societies of North East India, in Ray, Asok, Dynamics of Power Relations in Tribal Societies of North East India, Om Publications, New Delhi, 2006.
- Agriculture in Assam: Emerging Micro Trends, in Deb, B.J., et.al.(eds.), Changing Agricultural Scenario In North East India, Concept, New Delhi, 2006.
- Structural Change and Resource-Industry Linkage in Mizoram: Some Issues to Ponder>, in Das, Gurudas, (ed.), Structural Change and Strategy of Development: Resource-Industry Linkage in North-East India, Akansha, New Delhi, 2005.
- Development Issues and Security Concerns: The Search Within, in Agnihotri, S.K. et.al.(eds.), Perspective of Security & Development in North-East India, Concept, New Delhi, 2005.
- Understanding Northeast India through a ‘Spatial’ Lens (jointly with Asok Kumar Ray), Occasional Paper No. 48, IDSK, April 2015.
- Roots and Ramifications of a Colonial ‘Construct': The Wastelands in Assam, Occasional Paper No. 39, IDSK, September 2012.
- North East Vision 2020: A Reality Check, Occasional Paper No. 33, IDSK, 2012.
- Encountering Globalization in the Hill Areas of North East India, Occasional Paper No. 23, IDSK, 2010.
- Investment Requirements for Provision of Core Services and Own Resource Generation by the Panchayats in West Bengal
Principal Investigator: Achin Chakraborty, Gorky Chakraborty, Subrata Mukherjee Funding Agency: 4th State Finance Commission, West Bengal, Duration: 2014-15.
- The Look East Policy from People’s Perspective: A Study on Mizoram
Principal Investigator: Gorky Chakraborty and Asok Kumar RayFunding Agency: National Foundation for India (NFI), New Delhi Duration: February to June 2015
- Land as Private Property: Land Relations in the Hill Areas of North East India
Principal Investigator: Gorky Chakraborty and Asok Kumar RayFunding Agency: ICSSR Duration: January 2013 to June 2014
- Inequality in Access to Modern Energy Services: Indian Case
Principal Investigator: Gorky Chakraborty and Zakaria SiddiquiFunding Agency: ICSSR, New Delhi Duration: August 2012-October 2013
- Factors Impacting Non-agricultural Employment Growth in West Bengal
Principal Investigator: Gorky ChakrabortyFunding Agency: Institute of Applied Manpower Research, New Delhi Duration: March to December 2012
- Eco-Systems for Life – A India-Bangladesh Initiative for assessing the Environmental Security in the char Areas of the Ganges in West Bengal
Principal Investigator: Gorky Chakraborty and Jenia Mukherjee;Funding Agency: International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Asia, Bangkok; Duration: October 2011 – August 2012.
SEMINAR/ CONFERENCE/ LECTURE
- Understanding Social Exclusion: The Char Dwellers of Assam at National Seminar on Social Exclusion and Inclusive Development in North East India: Challenges and Opportunities, organized by North Gauhati College, Guwahati (June 10-11, 2011).
- The Wastelands: Colonial Construction and Post-colonial Ramifications at seminar on Politico-Historical and Socio-Cultural Constructs of North East India: Continuity and Change, organized by Asiatic Society and Gauhati University in Guwahati (March 9-10, 2011).
- Analyzing Social Exclusion: The Char Dwellers of Assam at National Seminar on Social Exclusion and Conflict in North East India, organized by ICSSR at Institute of Tai Studies & Research, Moranhat, Assam (January 8-9, 2011).
- Encountering Globalization: Issues Concerning the Tribal Areas of North East India at National Seminar on Encountering Globalization: Tribal Communities in India and Development Issues, organized by Arunachal Institute for Tribal Studies, Rajiv Gandhi University, Itanagar (February, 2009).
- Synergizing Power Generation & Economic Growth: The Indian Scenario at International Seminar on Critical Areas of Ensuring Energy Security, organized by St. Francis College for Women, St. Mary’s College and Osmania University, Hyderabad (December, 2008).
- Issues Related with Bio-diversity in the River Island of Assam at a National Seminar on Recent Trends in Biodiversity: Expolitation, Conservation and Management, at Gargaon College, Simalaguri, sponsored by UGC, New Delhi (November, 2008).
- Agricultural Practices in the Char Areas of Assam at a Regional Workshop on Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture Development, at IGNOU Agartala, sponsored by IGNOU New Delhi (November, 2008).
- Deconstructing Identities: Ethnic History vis-à-vis Composite History at a Seminar on Composite History of North East India and Peace Process, at Institute of Tai Studies, Moranhat, sponsored by Northeast Social Research Centre, Guwahati (September, 2008).
- Understanding Politico-ethnic Space: Security, Development & Identity in North East India at National Seminar on Dimensions of Myanmar-Bangladesh Connection with Conflict Situation in North East India, organized by Department of Political Science and sponsored by NEC and ICSSR (September, 2008).
- Interplay of Economic Imperatives & Environmental Degradation in the Mid-channel Bars in Assam at National Seminar on Environmental Issues in North East India: Past, Present and Challenges Ahead, organized by ONGC, Nazira and Gorgaon College, Simulguri, Assam (May, 2008).
- Land Relations Among The Hill Tribes at National Seminar on Tribal Demography, organized by UGC & DRS-SAP, Dibrugarh University (March, 2008).
- Distortion of Natural Watersheds and Land Erosion at National Conference on Water Harvesting at North East India Institute of Science & Technology, Nharlagun, Arunachal Pradesh, India (February, 2008).
- Transforming Wastelands into Politico-economic Watersheds at National Seminar on Freedom Movement in North East India in Shillong (December, 2007).
- Looking Beyond Neo-classical Praxis at National Seminar on New Economic Policies and Globalization in Shillong (June, 2007).
- From Eco-systems To Agro-system: The Unfolding History in the Char Areas of Assam at a National Seminar on Ecology and Environment in North East India: Past and Present, organized by Department of History, Dibrugarh University and sponsored by Indian Council of Historical Research, New Delhi (March, 2007).
- Poverty, Development and Environmental Degradation at Ninth Biennial Conference of ISEE titled Ecological Sustainability & Human Well-Being, New Delhi (December, 2006).
- Issues in Socio-economic Differentiation in Tribal Societies in Tribal Demography organized by UGC and Dibrugarh University (March, 2006).
- Contours of Terror National Seminar on Terrorism, Human Rights and Peace Initiatives, organized by NEICSSR, Shillong (December, 2005).
- Development Initiatives and Environmental Concerns at International Seminar on Growth Strategy and Environmental Issues at Devi Ahilya University, Indore (November, 2005).
- Agricultural Diversification In Assam at a National Seminar on Changing Agricultural Scenario in North East India, organized by NEICSSR, Shillong, India (December, 2004).
- Conflict of Contours and the Changing Power Structure Among the Tribals of North East India at a National Seminar on Changing Power Structure Among The Tribal Societies In North East India, organized by NEICSSR, Shillong, India (December, 2004).
- Globalizing Employment: A Dystopic Utopia (!) at a National Seminar on Educated Youth and Problems of Unemployment in Assam, organized by DCB Girls College, Jorhat and Sponsored by ICSSR (September, 2004).
- Roots of Urban Poverty at a National Seminar on Informality and Urban Poverty, organized by NEICSSR, Shillong, India (June, 2004).
- Agriculture in Char Areas of Assam at International Seminar on Life and Livelihood of the River People, Barpeta, Assam (January, 2004).
- Power Generation Management for Global Challenges at International Conference on Power & Energy in Delhi, (October 15-17, 2003).
- Rural Indebtedness in Assam at the National Seminar on Rural Indebtedness and Poverty in North East India, organized by UGC and Dibrugarh University (September, 2003).