- Market, Regulations and Finance: Global Meltdown and the Indian Economy, (jointly with Ratan Khasnabis), Springer, 2014.
Articles in Journals
- The Effect of Business Risk on Capital Structure of Indian Corporate Firms: Business groups vs. Stand-alone Firms” (Forthcoming), Global Economic Review: Perspectives on East Asian Economies and Industries, 2015, March, Routledge
- How Does Corruption Influence Corporate Governance? A Cross-Country Perspective” (Forthcoming), ICRA Bulletin: Money and Finance, 2015.
- Global Financial Crisis, Capital Inflows and Policy Trilemma: An Analysis of the Indian Experience(Forthcoming), South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, 2015, Sage.
- Explaining Dividend Gap between R&D and Non-R&D Indian Companies in the Post Reform Period, (jointly with Poulomi Lahiri), Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, January 2014.
- Economic Reforms, Business Groups and Changing Pattern of Distribution of Profitability Across Corporate Firms in India: A Semi-parametric Approach, Applied Financial Economics, 23(7), 2013.
- Does Capital Structure Depend on Group Affiliation: An Analysis of the Indian Firms, Journal of Policy Modeling, 35(1), Elsevier, 2013.
- The Relationship between Financial Development and Economic Growth and the Asian Financial Crisis: An FMOLS Analysis, 2009 (jointly with Sudeshna Ghosh), International Journal of Economics and Research, May-June, 2011.
- Capital Structure in an Emerging Stock Market: The Case of India, Research in International Business and Finance, 24, Elsevier, 2010.
- Financial Development and Economic Growth in India: An Analysis of the Post-Reform Period, South Asia Economic Journal, 11(2), Sage Publishers, September, 2010.
- Female Work Participation and Gender Differential in Earning in West Bengal (jointly with Achin Chakraborty), Journal of Quantitative Economics, July, 2010.
- Does Financial Development Cause Economic Growth? The Case of India, South Asia Economic Journal, Sage Publishers, Jan-June, 2008.
- Capital Inflows into India in the Post-liberalization Period: An Empirical Investigation, in Economic and Political Weekly, vol. XLI, No.2, January 14, 2006.
- Teaching Economic History: Towards a Reorientation, Economic and Political Weekly, 39(35), August 28, 2004.
- Living Standard and Economic Growth: A Fresh Look at the Relationship Through the Nonparametric Approach, in the Journal of Quantitative Economics, vol.15, no.1, January 1999.
Articles in Books
- Effects of Changing Pattern of Corporate Savings on Firm Profitability in India: A New Approach, in Ratan Khasnabis and Indrani Chakraborty (eds). Market, Regulations and Finance: Global Meltdown and the Indian Economy, Springer, 2014.
- Liberalization of Capital Inflows and the Real Exchange Rate in India: A VAR Analysis, in Amiya Kumar Bagchi and Gary Dymski (eds.) Capture and Exclude: Developing Economies and the Poor in Global Finance, Tulika publishers, 2007.
Occasional / Working Papers
- Promoter Ownership and Performance in Publicly Listed Firms in India: Does Group Affiliation Matter?
(Jointly with Ansgar Richter), Occasional Paper No. 45, IDSK, February 2015.
- Does Capital Structure Depend on Group Affiliation: An Analysis of Indian Corporate Firms
Occasional Paper No. 29, IDSK, July 2011.
- Female Work Participation and Gender Differential in Earning in West Bengal
(Jointly with Achin Chakraborty), Occasional Paper No. 18, IDSK, April 2009.
- Financial Development and Economic Growth in India: An Analysis of the Post-reform Period, Occasional Paper No. 12, IDSK, January 2008.
- Does Financial Development Cause Economic Growth: The Case of India, Occasional Paper No. 9, IDSK, January 2007.
- Technology Diffusion: A Study Based on Indian Agriculture, Occasional Paper No. 113, Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta, April 1989.
- Economic Reforms, Capital Inflows and Macroeconomic Impact in India, CDS Working Paper No. 311, January 2001.
- The East Asian Currency Crisis by Mihir Rakshit, The Hindu, March 12, 2002.
- Women, Work and Education
Principal Investigators: Indrani Chakraborty; Co-investigators: Prof. Subharanjan Dasgupta, Prof. Achin Chakraborty, Dr. Zakir Husein and Dr. Mausumi Datta; Sponsoring Agency: Rosa Luxemberg Stiftung; Duration: December 2008.
- (Special Paper IV B, MPhil Programme in Development Studies)
Globalization and Finance
- (Paper III B, MPhil Programme in Development Studies)
SEMINAR/ CONFERENCE/ LECTURE
- Adapting to Climate Change: Coping Strategies and Well-being of Farmers in the Bengal Delta-A Research Proposal at international workshop on Community Development in the Ganga Basin in Response to Climate Change, at IDSK (September 22-23, 2010).
- Agriculture, Community Development and Climate Change: An Indian Perspective and Impact of Climate Change on the Indian Economy: A Review of the Existing Literature at International Conference on Developing Proactive Policy and Practice for Land and Water Management Responsive to Climate Change at Monash University in Australia (July 5-9, 2010).
- Female Work Participation and Gender Differential in Earning in West Bengal, India (jointly with Achin Chakraborty) at International Conference on Policy Modeling – EcoMod 2009, at the University of Ottawa in Canada (June 24-26, 2009).
- Challenges in Human Development in India at national conference on Challenges in Human Development in India, at the Centre for Development Studies in Trivandrum (January 24-25, 2009).